If your unfinished basement has been causing you stress, now is the time to get it done, and our experts at Starlane Homes can help you out with some amazing ideas! Your basement doesn’t have to be ordinary! Add dazzle to a brand-new living space that will complement the rest of your home. Make your basement the new hot spot at your house with these 6 great ideas:
1. Add a kitchen - The kitchen is everyone’s favourite room in the house, so why not have two? Add a kitchen in your basement for extra refrigerator space and for a place to enjoy your meals in peace.
2. Powder room - Design the bathroom of your dreams in your basement! Whether you decide on a sophisticated finish or choose to use bright colours, the basement is the place to get creative with it.
3. Game room - If you enjoy hosting gatherings with friends and family, then a game room is the perfect option to complete your basement. There are so many ways to make your basement exciting with a game room! Choose a billiards table, a ping pong table or air hockey to create the ideal gaming retreat.
4. Study room - The study room is your place to have some quiet time and get things done. Put a study room in your basement to isolate yourself from the hectic day you may be having. Here, you will want to include a spacious desk, comfortable couch and a bookcase.
5. Theatre room - Everybody loves movie night and cozying on the couch after a long day. Opt for a regular TV, or go for a projector style to create the feeling of a real theatre. Comfy theatre style chairs will create a movie room you won’t want to leave!
6. Home gym - Spending money on a gym membership can be really expensive, especially if you do not go enough to get your money’s worth. Building a fitness room in your new home will benefit you and be more efficient because you will not have to drive all the way to your local gym. All you have to do is walk downstairs and workout in the comfort of your own home.