Infusing your new home with trendy décor and your own personal touches is one of the most exciting parts of home ownership. From pictures, to pillows, to plants, Starlane supports your hunt for the perfect pieces. Plants are often overlooked but may very well be one of the most important, useful and beautiful additions of all décor accents.
Bringing just a few of these leafy friends into your home can dramatically improve the air quality. They rid the air of harmful toxins like benzene, formaldehyde and several others. Plants are also known to have a positive effect on your mental state. They can heighten your mood and increase concentration and productivity.
Here is a list of some plants that will be great additions to your home:
- English Ivy - It‘s a good idea to keep several of these indoors as they cleanse the air of a wide range of toxins. Studies have also shown the English Ivy helps relax the airways, reducing coughing as well as asthma and bronchitis symptoms. It can also survive in full shade to full sun.
- Bamboo Palm - This elegant plant prefers shadier areas. Known for its height, the Bamboo Palm infuses a healthy amount of moisture into the air, making it perfect to have around during dry winter months.
- Chinese Evergreen - This evergreen thrives in medium to low light and requires minimal care. Just remember to give it a good watering every so often.
- Gerbera Daisy - These beautiful flowers brighten up your home and are a refreshing change of scenery from the usual green air-purifying plants.
- Dragon Tree - This is one unique shrub. The colour of its leaves range from deep green to purple, making it a gorgeous addition to your home. It can also tolerate dimly lit areas.
- Mother-in-Law‘s Tongue - Often called Viper‘s bowstring hemp, this is a great plant for beginners. It requires minimal maintenance and doesn‘t need much water to thrive.
- Peace Lily - This dainty flower is one of the top 3 plants for removing household toxins from the air. It requires a thorough watering quite regularly, which isn‘t much to ask considering all of its benefits!
- Spider Plant - Known for their air purifying abilities, these look great in hanging baskets. Spider plants are non-toxic when ingested so you don‘t have to worry about keeping them around pets and young children. They also grow quickly and easily!
Add a breath of fresh air to your home by bringing in some beautiful greenery. Finding the perfect plant for your space is an exciting project, especially with so many unique types to choose from. With some tender loving care, the benefits of plants are well worth the time and effort. Maintain a healthy and vibrant atmosphere with any or all of these plants in all areas of your home.
If you are on the hunt for your own new home, visit our website to view our open and upcoming communities!